servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming ServiceMix Runtime
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:47:12 GMT
On Jan 12, 2008 2:14 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems there is some confusion with the name "ServiceMix Runtime" in that
> people tends to think it's actually the JBI container.
> What about renaming it to  "ServiceMix MicroKernel" or something along those
> lines to remove this confusion (thanks to James for the name proposal) ?

This is a good idea because the runtime is geared to be generically
reused by other projects. Besides, the concept of a microkernel is
understood by a wider audience. But I think it's up to us to start
creating diagrams to explain it all so that folks understand what's
going on.

Guillaume, we should start with the diagram you created on Boston last
week and build on it.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/