servicemix-dev mailing list archives

From cgallemore <cgallem...@gestalt-llc.com>
Subject XMPP Binding Component
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:55:32 GMT

About 6 months ago we developed an XMPP Binding Component exposing the Smack
API.  Initially we targeted OpenESB as our deployment environment.  This
last month we have been working on porting this component over to work with
ServiceMix.  By the end of the week we should have a release ready for
ServiceMix users to consume.  A quick look at some of the features are as
follows:

Connect to an XMPP Server (We recommend Openfire, but have tested with
JabberXCP as well).
Send and Receive XMPP Messages.
Create and Destroy Group Chats
Send and Receive XMPP Messages to Group Chats
Receive Presence Notifications of members joined to a group chat
Kick Users from a Group Chat
Send Invitations to join a group chat
Automatically join a group chat upon receipt of an Invitation.
Leave a Group Chat
Join an already existing Group Chat

In our release we will provide complete documentation on how to use the XMPP
Binding component, Maven archetypes for creating new projects, complete
tutorial for how to use the XMPP Binding component as well as the Maven
archetypes.

We were also wondering if there is anywhere we can advertise our component
so that it might be easier for Servicemix users to locate.  For more
information on the XMPP Binding Component please refer to our project page
at:

https://xmpp-bc.dev.java.net

You can go to the following for specific details for our ServiceMix support:

https://xmpp-bc.dev.java.net/extensions/servicemix_support.htm

I'll give an update once we cut the release that contains the ServiceMix
support.  If you have any questions please contact my self or use the XMPP
BC mailing list (dev@xmpp-bc.dev.java.ne).

Thanks

Chad Gallemore
chad.gallemore@accenture.com