servicecomb-dev mailing list archives

From Zen Lin <zenlintechnofr...@gmail.com>
Subject [Service-center Syncer] A basic minimal runnable version of Syncer
Date Tue, 21 May 2019 05:44:54 GMT
Hi guys,
I have create a PR[1] for adding basic minimal runnable version of
Service-center Syncer
AS I wrote in the PR message,
You can reference to README.md [2] to get what is Service-center Syncer.

The current Syner has a P2P network to ensure that different
Service-centers can perform peer-to-peer data synchronization when needed.

When data needs to be synchronized between Service-centers, Syner
establishs a point-to-point channel through GRPC to ensure that the less
impact on network load.

I am going to make syncer to support the following capabilities in the
coming PR,

   - Support for other service registration and discovery centers, such as
   SpringCloud Eureka, Istio, etc.
   - Enhance the reliability of the Syner itself, Syner lifecycle
   management.

Reference to TODO.md[3] to get future plans for Syncer.

It is worth noting that both Syncer and Service-center are loosely coupled
in the code and there runtime, therefore, Syncer will not affect the
current Service-center.
The PR is a little big, but it is just a minimal runnable one version, it
could be reasonable small in the coming PRs, so please help to review it.
I write this mail to get your opinions, if you have any idea, please feel
free to let me know in here or on github PR[1].

Thanks very much.

[1] https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-service-center/pull/548
[2]
https://github.com/zenlint/servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/syncer/README.md
[3]
https://github.com/zenlint/servicecomb-service-center/blob/master/syncer/TODO.md

Best Regards,
---
Zen Lin
zenlintechnofreak@gmail.com
Focused on Micro Service and Apache ServiceComb