santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Feedback requested on SANTUARIO-482
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:06:03 GMT
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some feedback on the patch I submitted here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANTUARIO-482

The problem is that prior to Santuario 2.1.0, our Base64 implementation did
not add line breaks. From Santuario 2.1.0, we use the JDK's Base64 Mime
implementation, which is correct as per the spec.

However, these line breaks are causing some problems for a few people. So I
added a new system property called "org.apache.xml.security.ignoreMimeEncoder"
which uses the old behaviour of not adding in line breaks if set to true.

The question is whether we should ignore line breaks by default or not? If
we change back to ignoring line breaks by default it changes the behaviour
in the 2.1.0/2.1.1 releases, which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder