santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Feedback requested on SANTUARIO-482
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:38:39 GMT
On 3/28/18, 12:06 PM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

> The question is whether we should ignore line breaks by default or not? If we change
back to ignoring line breaks by
> default it changes the behaviour in the 2.1.0/2.1.1 releases, which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Well, I come at this with a very particular opinion about versioning, so take that into account,
but my feeling is that the "original bug" is that a major change in behavior shouldn't have
appeared in a 2.N update, that would be a 3.0 change for me.

So from one point of view, it's a bug fix to revert the default, but I also would probably
do it as a 2.2 if it were me.

Since including the line feeds is not "incorrect behavior", I probably wouldn't see it as
that big a deal to leave the default as is, to maintain consistent behavior, and now that
there's an option to use to revert it, everybody can move on.

My own project isn't on 2.1 yet, so I can't say whether we would be encountering issues or
not.

So...I would advocate the default staying as is at this point.

-- Scott