santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naro <dn...@ac.upc.edu>
Subject Is there support for "derived keys"?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 08:40:56 GMT
Hi,

First of all, please forgive any blunder in etiquette, but this is my
first use of a technical mailing list: from what I have understood I can
ask over here my technical doubts, if I am wrong please let me know
where I should send this.

I wanted to do some tests on the “derived key” features of XML
encryption 1.1. While doing some research (in the Java version), I found
some references to this part of the standard in the documentation (e.g.
DerivedKeyToken), or in the source code (DerivedKeyType). However, I do
not find any call within the code to key derivation methods such as
PBKDF2. Have I overlooked them? In case where the answer is no, does
this mean that the feature is not implemented? Are there any mechanisms
to implement a resolver for this very task?

Best regards,

Daniel Naro