santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Athanasios Doukoudakis" <athanasios.doukouda...@sqrsystems.com>
Subject xsec and openssl1.0.2h problem on Windows UWP ARM
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:20:43 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to develop an application that uses xml-security c++ in the uwp
windows platform. The library is linked in a runtime component and from
there is being used to validate some xml responses that we retrieve using
curl.

I am experiencing some errors when compiling xsec with openssl support and
then try to re-use curl. The request fails due to the following error:

Curl request fails upon curl_easy_perform() with the following error: SSL:
couldn't create a context: error:140A90F1:lib(20):func(169):reason(241)
which leads into curl failing with  CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY

When I compile xsec with the XSEC_HAVE_WINCAPI flag, the problem goes away.
This unfortunately is not an option for ARM architectures where the windows
cryptographic api is not available.

I have noticed this commit on the github repository:

https://github.com/apache/santuario-cpp/commit/0d0e08e9ca94ceb2909b5fb0dbb04
b07f97818ff

I wanted to ask if this is a known issue, and therefore the disabling of
openssl support by default in windows is something to prevent these errors.

When we use xsec library on Android and iOS this problem is not present even
with using openssl.

Any help or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Doukoudakis Athanasios

Athanasios Doukoudakis

Software Engineer | SQR Systems

E:  <mailto:athanasios.doukoudakis@sqrsystems.com>
athanasios.doukoudakis@sqrsystems.com  | T: +44 (0) 203 405 3044 | M: +44
(0) 7875083512

Garden Studios|71-75 Shelton Street |Covent Garden |London | WC2H 9JQ

 <http://www.sqrsystems.com/> www.sqrsystems.com

SQR Systems Limited | Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent
Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ| Registration Number 7463700 | Registered in
England and Wales

this e-mail from your system.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 160629-1, 29/06/2016
Tested on: 30/06/2016 10:20:44