santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: XMLDSig 1.1
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:00:11 GMT
On 12/10/15, 9:45 AM, "Pellerin, Clement" <Clement_Pellerin@ibi.com> wrote:

>I asked the same question about XMLDSig 2.0 years ago.
>Santuario responded they will never implement XMLDSig 2.0 since the object model is incompatible.

2.0 was just a proposal that was abandoned out of lack of interest from implementers. Concretely
it had some small wins but did nothing to address the primary issues that led people to abandon
XML so wouldn't have helped anything.

>The Santuario 1.5.3 release notes mention:
>>> This release features support for new XML Signature 1.1 KeyInfo extensions.

Yes, some of that work was done by my project and donated.

>Is the goal of Santuario to support all of XMLDSig 1.1 and XMLEnc 1.1?
>How far are we in that project?

I'm fairly certain most of XMLEnc 1.1 isn't, seeing as ECDH was the major change there and
it isn't supported AFAIK. GCM is, but hasn't seen much testing since Java 8 is the first version
to include it.

I doubt there's a lot of XMLSig 1.1 that isn't already done.

-- Scott