santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: 2.0.5 and 1.5.9 releases
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:57:27 GMT
On 7/8/15, 11:53 AM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

>I did mean EOL'ing 1.5. I'm a bit sick of having to keep JDK 1.5 around to compile old
projects ;-)

Trust me, I get it. ;-)

>However, I'm prepared to be flexible on this, so given the OpenSAML 2 dependency I will
leave the 1.5.9 release until next year, unless a security issue or major bug crops up in
the meantime. Is this acceptable for you?

Our perfect world is that they happen to line up so we don't have to do work, but we're prepared
to do what we have to regardless, just need a clear timeline. So if you have a date in mind
prior to 7/31/16 to set the EOL, that's cool with us.

Given this much notice, I'm sure we can accomodate any date in 2016. Brent's on vacation but
he'll see this when he's back.

-- Scott