santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:24:42 GMT
On 3/13/15, 12:20 PM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

>The normal process is to create an SVN tag "first", and then to build the release off
that tag.

I've never done that. It violates my general sense of rightness about tags, and it also isn't
how all my other projects do it, so that's why I didn't do it here. (You can go back and see
all the earlier votes, which you yourself participated in.)

> That way we can see the exact SVN revision that we are voting on. In this case though,
it's sufficient to link to the exact SVN revision on trunk that you used to create the release.
Is this it?

>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1665627

That's a fair point, Apache using one project in the repo for all projects is, umm, flat wrong.
So that makes it hard to actually tie them together easily since the revs just keep climbing
from other commits elsewhere.

But anyway, yes, that's the rev I built from, r1665627, and as you see it's the last commit
on that tree.

-- Scott