santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Question regarding References as input streams in Santuario-c++
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:41:41 GMT
On 11/24/14, 10:39 PM, "SM" <skypemesm@gmail.com> wrote:

>My goal is to create detached signatures where each reference must be a
>URI
>to an external resource, which must be read as an input stream.

The problem with detached signatures is to create a stable reference. If
it's a URL, then you have to prevent the resource from ever changing. Most
uses of detached signatures are for creating "packages" of associated
files where the reference to the file is relative and the signature
document accompanies the file.

As far as the library's ability to dereference a URL to a resource, I have
no idea what it can do, but I doubt it's terribly robust. I don't think it
handles https for example.

-- Scott