santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Arshad Noor <arshad.n...@strongauth.com>
Subject Re: XML encryption with x.509 certificate
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 22:43:41 GMT
The code is dated, but it encrypted documents using a symmetric key,
which in turn was encrypted with a public key from an X509 digital
certificate.  The ciphertext and meta-data were stored using the
XML Encryption schema: http://sourceforge.net/projects/strongkey.

You can also find more recent code in another SourceForge project,
but the symmetric key is not encrypted using digital certificates -
its stored on a centralized key-management system with the metadata
pointing to the URL of the KM solution where the key can be retrieved
by authorized requesters:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/skce.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.