santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Brown <c_brown1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Newbie question on java samples.
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 20:45:52 GMT

Hello,
I am very new here and I started learning Apache Santuario. I went through java samples. The
first java sample I have chosen for learning is CreateSignature.java.
I could understand following code at line 142 to 151
{            //Add in 2 external URIs. This is a detached Reference.            //
    // When sign() is called, two network connections are made. -- well,            // not
really, as we use the OfflineResolver which acts as a proxy for            // these two resouces
;-))            //            sig.addDocument("http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet");
       sig.addDocument("http://www.nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de/index.html");        }

Why following is required? I went through one very old tutorial at JavaWorld, I did not find
this in that tutorial.  The link for this JavaWorld tutorial is http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2002/jw-1220-xmlsecurity.html?page=6
  sig.addDocument("http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet"); sig.addDocument("http://www.nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de/index.html");
Also, I will be happy if I get proper direction to learning Santuario. Which Samples should
I try to learn next.
Thank you.