santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Broken Test Cases from 1.4.4 to 1.5.2? Related to ID?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 02:15:31 GMT
On 8/20/12 10:01 PM, "Michael Bishop" <bishopmw@gmail.com> wrote:

>Right, importing it and appending it are two different things.  So it
>seems like a new requirement is that the content has to be part of the
>document first.

That isn't new, but I suppose it may be in the sense that perhaps before
it wasn't making any DOM calls that cared whether the document was rooted.

>I'm guessing it's related to the ID bug; I believe an xml:id has to be
>unique within the entire document.

It does, but that's not why, and that's not enforced (which is a major bug
in Xerces IMHO). The problem is that it's calling getElementNSById() and
that method starts at the doc root.

Also, xml:id is a special attribute that happens to be an XML ID. Not all
XML IDs are xml:id. Any attribute can be an ID.

-- Scott