santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject XML Security for Java 2.0
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:40:00 GMT
Hi all,

In an earlier mail to this list, I described a proposal for a 2.0 version
of the XML Security for Java project:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.security.devel/7575

I'd like to start working on this proposal shortly. Essentially, this
involves copying the current trunk code to a branch, and moving the
streaming XML Security code from the WSS4J project branch into a new
package on trunk:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/swssf/bindings/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wss4j/branches/swssf/streaming-xml-security/

This will require dropping JDK 1.5 support for the 2.0 release. As part of
this work I will also start a vote to make Marc Giger a committer on the
Santuario project, as he is the original author (and active maintainer) of
the code.

Any feedback or objections to this plan are welcome...

Colm.
--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder