santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Streaming XML-Security proposal
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:05:51 GMT
Hi all,

A streaming WS-Security (Java) implementation has been donated to the
Apache WSS4J project, and an initial work plan has been drafted to
incorporate it into a WSS4J 2.0 release:

http://osdir.com/ml/general/2012-02/msg38728.html

One open question I raised in the link above is where the XML Security
component should live. The consensus seemed to be that I should
discuss the possibility of moving that code into Santuario, as it
would complement the existing XML Security DOM-based code. Several
months work are required on the code before it could be released, as
outlined in section 3 of the mail.

The code currently requires JDK 1.6. I'd like to pose the following
questions to the team:

1) Should this code be moved to Santuario under the
"xml-security-java" project? IMO it should be.
2) Given the JDK 1.6 requirement, should we aim to include the code in
a 2.0 release?
3) Should the code be incorporated into the same (xmlsec) jar, or
should we move to a multi module maven project and drop ant
altogether?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh