santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Id Resolution Observations and Suggestions
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:11:31 GMT
On 1/5/12 12:18 PM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

>If people are more or less happy with this approach then I don't mind
>dumping IdResolver.

My position is just that it should be one or the other, and not both (or
making the whole ting fully pluggable so the application just decides),
and that obviously a change that involved removing the DOM call by default
would have to be phased in.

I'm supportive of making changes to the C++ in that vein (I think it's
pluggable now, but I need to do some checking).

You're correct that in addition to the DOM3 requirement, using the DOM
means that all content has to be reachable from the document element. But
I'd note that the ability to not require that is most likely a nice gaping
hole to more security weirdness, esp. on the verifier end.

-- Scott