santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Paul <ppa...@yahoo.com>
Subject xpath and xmlsec expression using concat
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:17:23 GMT

I know I can use xmlsec to sign an xml doc with a list of xpaths such
as //aa, //bb, ... but what I like to do is sign a doc with this xpath
expression:

concat(substring(/Record/Name/text(),1,10), substring(/Record/Address/text
(),1,20), ... )

When I try this expr., I get this error:

Can not convert #STRING to a NodeList!

Now, that makes sense, but I don't have control over the xmlsec sign method so
I'm wondering if there is another way to do this? Is there another xpath
operator to convert a string to nodelist? Or maybe there is another way to use
xmlsec?

There is a requirement in the project I'm working on to sign just parts of the
xml doc as one big string so that's why I was trying to use the xpath concat
operator instead of signing individual elements but maybe the two are
equivalent when using concat/substring?

thanks,
Paul.