santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Cantor, Scott" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject Re: Issue building for Solaris
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 19:28:29 GMT
On 9/9/11 2:12 PM, "Helio Cola Rodrigues" <helio.cola@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm having some issues building Santuario for Solaris.
>I'm following the instructions on santuario page for Unix and I'm having
>error while running configure.
>
>My configure command is:

I would note that gcc isn't supported officially, only Sun CC. Your
command also doesn't really make sense, since this isn't C, it's C++.
You'd need to set CXX to g++.

>nss I have found the distribution only in
>ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/ and I
>believe the issue may be here...

Do you need NSS? Using both it and OpenSSL isn't typical.

>In file included from
>/export/home/hrodrigu/dev/nss/nss-3.9/include/nss3/nss.h:41,
>                 from conftest.cpp:46:
>/export/home/hrodrigu/dev/nss/nss-3.9/include/nss3/seccomon.h:47:21:
>prtypes.h: No such file or directory

That would suggest NSS itself doesn't support Solaris perhaps, or at least
isn't fully portable there. Or there's a bug in the Santuario autoconf
script. NSS is essentially untested, so if you need to make it work,
you'll have to debug it and supply any patches.

-- Scott