santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <sean.mul...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: xpath and xmlsec expression using concat
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:58:46 GMT
On 9/6/11 5:13 PM, Paul wrote:
> Eric,
>
> As an example:
>
> Let's say you have a name, address, and phone number in an xml doc. The
> requirement is to extract the data so we would have something like:
>
> BobJones200DriveDallasTX9725557788
>
> and then:
>
> 1. calc the digest value of the concatenated string using SHA-1 hash
> 2. calc signature using RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 w/ private key
>
> Is that possible using the xmlsec library?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, it sounds like you aren't even using XML
Signatures? If so, I think you would be better off writing your own code that
uses the JCE APIs to digest and sign the data you extracted from the XPath
expressions, and not use xmlsec at all. The JDK also includes an XPath API
(javax.xml.xpath).

--Sean