santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small milestone for genxdm-based port of Santuario - works with Axiom!
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:38:23 GMT
Hi Eric,

Apologies for not replying to you on this earlier. Congrats on the
achievement of getting everything working with Axiom. I have a couple
of questions....

1) Have you considered using DDOM? This is more interesting to me than
non-standard APIs such as gen-xdm/AXIOM/etc.

2) Are you going to create a build which is a port of the Apache XML
Security for Java 1.4.4 release? What is your release plan going
forwards in terms of tracking Santuario releases? Are you going to
pick up on the (fairly extensive) changes made on trunk? How will you
merge bug fixes to your code?

3) Have you considered whether it might be a good idea to submit this
project as a subproject of Apache Santuario?

4) There may potentially be trademark issues with the current name of
"santuario-genxdm" - I'll have to check on this.

Lastly, if you have come across any particularly inefficient code etc.
when doing the port, then I'd certainly be interested to hear about
it, as I'm doing some work in this area on the current trunk code.

Thanks,

Colm.