santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Small milestone for genxdm-based port of Santuario - works with Axiom!
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:43:55 GMT
A quick email to note an interesting milestone that we just achieved.

For those who missed my previous emails, over at Apache Extras [1],
we've been working on the santuario-genxdm [2] project, which is a port
of the Santuario project to work using GenXDM [3].

With our latest release of GenXDM, we introduced support for a new
"bridge" to the Axiom [4] data model. That meant, in theory, that the
santuario-genxdm project could now work with three different data models
- Axiom, DOM, and our reference implementation we call "Cx".

In practice, Axiom didn't quite work. One security test case was
failing. Yesterday, we fixed that bug, so the next release of GenXDM,
coupled with santuario-genxdm, means that you can encrypt, decrypt,
sign, and canonicalize Axiom-based tree models with full compliance.

In any case, one reason for writing this post is that it seems like
we've passed a crucial milestone, and ought to do an "official" build of
santuario-genxdm, so that others don't have to grab the source to build
it and play with it.

The trick is, the port really should be a drop-in replacement (plus the
requisite GenXDM JARs). We've attempted to maintain full API
compatibility. Except that actual drop-in replacement would imply
keeping the same names as the existing JARs. Not wanting to step on any
toes, or pretend this release is something it isn't, keeping the
existing xml-security JAR file names seems like a bad idea. What name
changes should I introduce?

-Eric.

[1] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/
[2] https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/santuario-genxdm/