santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <sean.mul...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Port of XML Security 1.4.4 to GenXDM API
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:26:54 GMT
On 1/25/11 12:07 PM, Eric Johnson wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Excellent!
>
> I forgot to mention one very significant detail in my original email:
>
> Using a non-DOM implementation can be significantly faster. Just looking at the
> timing of the matching test cases, the non-DOM XML tree we've got running looks
> to run the test cases against the XML Security library approximately 30% faster,
> at least that was a pattern I noticed a while back.

Great. I haven't looked at your code yet, but did you implement a JSR 105
provider using GenXDM? When we designed the JSR 105 API, one of our goals was to
design it so that non-DOM implementations could be plugged in. I would be
curious as to your experience with that and how well the API fit your needs.

--Sean