santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Port of XML Security 1.4.4 to GenXDM API
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:34:24 GMT
You might have noticed the addition of:

http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/santuario-genxdm/

to the "Apache Extras" hosted site.

This project aims to be a fully compatible port of the existing XML
Security APIs that works using the GenXDM APIs that we've been
developing, instead of DOM.  We brought the GenXDM project
<http://code.google.com/p/genxdm/> to the attention of the Apache
Incubator some time back (we called in gXML at the time
<http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/gXMLProposal>).

Our overall aim is to bring GenXDM back to Apache for incubation, so
that ports of libraries like XML Security can then build on top of the
capabilities of GenXDM.  To that end, we've done this particular port to
attract interest, and to prove out the potential, and the capabilities.

We have, with this port, demonstrated the ability to use the full
functionality of the XML Security library over non-DOM XML trees,
including a new set of tests that verify using non-DOM trees with the
updated XML Security APIs.

Please come look at what we've got!  Let us know what you think.  Better
yet, join the GenXDM project, and help us make it a success!

-Eric.