santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <Sean.Mul...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Can't trace org.jcp.xml.dsig.internal.dom.DOMXMLSignature in NetBeans
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:04:43 GMT
Peter B. West wrote:
> That was quick. The source for org.jcp is not part of src.zip in the JDK
> distribution. If I try to use the xmlsec-1.4.2.jar sources, things go wrong,
> naturally. Where can I get the sources that were included in the JDK? I'm
> used 1.6.0_07 and 1.6.0_10RC.

See: http://download.java.net/jdk6/

It might be easier to use Apache XMLSec 1.4.2 jars with JDK 6, as then
you can debug the sources as they exist at Apache and use this alias for
reporting any issues.

You can do this with the endorsed override mechanism of the JDK. What
you need to do is download the following jars:

1) Java XMLSec 1.4.2
http://xml.apache.org/security/dist/java-library/
2) Commons Logging:
http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_logging.cgi

You need the commons logging library because the Apache implementation
uses that instead of the JDK logging mechanism.

Put these two jars in a lib directory, and then specify that lib
directory as the endorsed directory when running your application, for
example:

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib ...

--Sean