santuario-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Peter B. West" <li...@pbw.id.au>
Subject Re: Undeclared namespace prefix
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:53:09 GMT

Sean,

Is is still necessary to file a new bug for this, or has Werner's work
covered this?

Peter


sean.mullan wrote:
> 
> I don't know what the cause of this regression could be.
> 
> The best thing to do is for Arnaud or Peter to file a new bug at 
> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla under the Security project and if
> possible, 
> attach a standalone (i.e. not dependent on WSS4J) test case that
> reproduces the 
> problem.
> 
> Thanks,
> Sean
> 
> Werner Dittmann wrote:
>> All,
>> 
>> why did it work with 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 then? Were these two version
>> buggy in that case? Or what was changed in 1.4.2 to get this
>> incompatible behaviour?
>> 
>> Because we use it in WSS4J we always rely on the backward compatibility.
>> Changing the WSS4J code just to circumvent a problem would cause a major
>> effort to many applications that actually use WSS4J. Before changing
>> WSS4J we shall check if a fix in xmlsec is more appropriate.
>> 
>> Regards,
>> Werner
>> 
>> Arnaud schrieb:
>>> Peter B. West <lists <at> pbw.id.au> writes:
>>>
>>>> Arnaud,
>>>>
>>>> I'm using 1.4.2, and the problem I had may not be the same as yours,
>>>> but
>>>> see my messages "Unbound prefix after decryption".
>>>>
>>>> In my case, the problem was that the DOM being passed for encryption id
>>>> not have the xmlns attribute set before it was processed. A
>>>> normalizeDocument() in the right place fixed the problem.
>>>>
>>>> Peter
>>>>
>>>> Arnaud wrote:
>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>
>>>>> Since using Chinese in soap messages which had their header encrypt 
>>>>> was not working (and after visiting the XML security page) I 
>>>>> upgraded the libraries 
>>> to
>>>>> 1.4.1 as recommended.
>>>>> And now I have the following exception on the serverside:
>>>>> com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Undeclared namespace prefix
>>>>> "ds"
>>>>>  at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [6,12]
>>>>>
>>>>> The "[row,col {unknown-source}]: [6,12]" refers to the <ds:KeyInfo>

>>>>> of the 
>>> soap
>>>>> header. If I compare the message sent by the client before the
>>>>> upgrade:
>>>>>
>>>>> <ds:KeyInfo xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
>>>>> ...
>>>>> </ds:KeyInfo>
>>>>>
>>>>> and after:
>>>>> <ds:KeyInfo> ...
>>>>> </ds:KeyInfo>
>>>>>
>>>>> I can see the namespace disappeared but I have no idea why and how 
>>>>> to fix that...
>>>>> If anyone has an idea please let me know because I don't know what 
>>>>> to do 
>>> about
>>>>> it and I've alread spend many hours on this...
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>>>>
>>>>> Arnaud.
>>>
>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
>>> In my case, I'm not using the xml security libs directly but WSS4J 
>>> does that for me. Anyway, after reading your post I decided to 
>>> download the WSS4J source... And I added the normalizeDocument() just 
>>> after WSS4J calls the xml security to handle encryption and 
>>> signature... And you are right this fix the problem!!!   I will 
>>> probably send a mail to the WSS4J team to let them know about this.
>>>
>>> Again thanks a lot!!!
>>>
>>> Arnaud.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Undeclared-namespace-prefix-%22ds%22-error-tp19668706p19752450.html
Sent from the Apache XML - Security - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message