santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Putman <putm...@georgetown.edu>
Subject Re: JCEID to Service mapping
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:38:33 GMT

Anais wrote:
> ok that's good for you but nobody can help me about my xml signature ?
>
> Thanks

I'd be happy to help if I could, but I'm not really sure what you are
doing or what asking.  It would be more helpful if you could provide
more details of what your code is trying to do, or distill it down to
more specific questions.  Also not clear on whether you are using the
Java or C++ versions of the library - although I now see
templatesign.cpp in the C++ tree, so I assume the latter?

But to try and answer what you did ask:  in order to sign something with
XML Signature, you have to one way or another create a ds:Signature
node, either in your existing document for an enveloped or enveloping
signature, or possibly in another document if you're doing a detached
signature, than then populate it with the relevant information.

I'm not familiar with templatesign tool, but looks like that tool works
by you feeding it a file with an semi-empty ds:Signature element and it
computes and adds the relevant digest values for the References and and
then the actual SignatureValue for the Signature.  Not sure exactly what
you have to supply there, though, I don't see much in the way of docs,
unless I'm overlooking.

In any event, you have to know some of the basics of XML Signature in
order to supply the right bits for that tool.  If you haven't done so,
I'd suggest taking a look at the XML Signature spec to get a sense of
what it does and how it works.

--Brent