santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Matejko" <andrzej.mate...@ec2.pl>
Subject Xpath and namespace problem..
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:33:41 GMT
Hello,

  I've go signed xml file like:
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rootnode xmlns="something.xsd">
 <ds:Signature xmlns:ds="..">
 ...<Reference>
 ....<ds:Transforms>
 ....<ds:XPath>not(ancestor-or-self::ds:Signature)</ds:XPath>
 </ds:Signature>
</rootnode>

 when I try to validate it xsec fails on ds:Xpath equation resolving. (xalan
fails with error that ds prefix is not declared).
 The question is: how to make xalan to resolve xpath with namespaces??
 If I've debugged xalan correctly it looks for namesapces declaration in
root element only (rootnode in my example).

  Does anyone have any experience with that (or knows how to make xalan work
with namespaces prefixes declared not in root node? :))

 best regards,
 andrzeJ