santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Cantor" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject RE: XML Security & JAXB
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:18:53 GMT
> We have a schema we bind to Java using JAXB (and C++ with LMX) which
> works well.  I know have been asked to encrypt certain element data. How
> can I do this and not loose the schema to POJO binding?
>
> What is the best way to accomplish this?
> Does XSD support XML Security in some way?
> Does JAXB or other binding implementation support XML Security?

We have a data binding model underneath the latest OpenSAML libraries that
includes signature and encryption support without reparsing. It's not JAXB,
but I thought I'd mention it. (We in fact built it because of this
requirement.) There's no reason it couldn't be automated, but we don't have
a schema compiler. I use macros in C++ and the Java is hand written right
now.

-- Scott