santuario-dev mailing list archives

From André <Andre.Sto...@bdr.de>
Subject Is there a difference in memory usage between Apache-Java-XmlSecurity and Apache-C++-XmlSecurity?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:07:55 GMT
Hallo.

We use apache-xml-security java-implementation for signature and encryption on
the client and validation and decryption on the server.

On both sides we have "problems" with the hunger for memory of the java-
implementation. We use version 1.3, but I already tried version 1.4 and have
found no difference!

But this time I'm interrested in the server-side:
For example an signed and encrypted xml-doc of 50MB will need MORE than 600MB
to decrypt. With about 1000MB memory it works fine (factor: 20!).
In our scenario there can be many parallel requests for decryption.
Less memory needed would be fine!

Is the C++-implementation less memory-hungry?

Has anybody tried it out and can give me a kind of comparison result?
Thank's!

Bye, André