santuario-dev mailing list archives

From k b <k_bi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Signing just one of the elements in a DOMDocument
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:45:37 GMT

i want to only sign the body of the second note element. How do you i go about doing thisif
i use the XPath way how do i uniquely identify the second note's body. don't have an ID attribute.any
other ideas ? > From: cantor.2@osu.edu> To: security-dev@xml.apache.org> Subject:
RE: Signing just one of the elements in a DOMDocument> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:20:52 -0400>
> > is there a way that i could just sign just one element from the whole xml.> >
Yes, but it's somewhat difficult. You can either use an XPath filter> transform to select
the node, or refer to the node by an ID attribute.> > The latter is much simpler for
the relying party and much faster, but> requires a schema or application specific knowledge
of the XML.> > -- Scott> >
Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!
http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01