santuario-dev mailing list archives

From ralph-xmlsecur...@ralphholz.de
Subject Re: Signing just one of the elements in a DOMDocument
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:54:22 GMT
Scott,

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 21:20:52 Scott Cantor wrote:
> > is there a way that i could just sign just one element from the whole
> > xml.
>
> Yes, but it's somewhat difficult. You can either use an XPath filter
> transform to select the node, or refer to the node by an ID attribute.

It's not 100% clear to me how you mean that, but I am new to XML Security
(though not to XML). Do you see the problem in retrieving the correct XML
element from the tree (both for signer and receiver), but not in the signing
process itself?

In my little project here, I am in the fortunate situation that each XML
element must occur exactly once, which is neat for such situations, and I
hope not to encounter too many difficulties. Going to look into the libs now
(more docs would be so nice...).

Ralph

--
For contact details, please see www.ralphholz.de.