santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Taupin <julien.tau...@ilex.fr>
Subject What is the use of the BaseURI parameter ?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:04:27 GMT
Hi all,

This question is closely linked to my previous question : "Problem with
empty BaseURI in ResolverLocalFilesystem".

I understand that the BaseURI is used to complete all relative URIs. I
see two different cases :

    * If I specify as BaseURI "file:/mysignature.xml" and I use a
      fragment reference with "#myID" as URI, the element signed is the
      element with  the Id attribute set to "myID" in the file
      mysignature.xml.
    * If I used an empty BaseURI (""), the element signed is the element
      with  the Id attribute set to "myID" in the document containing
      the signature.

But I have not see any reference to thes BaseURI parameter in the
XMLDsig specifications. If someone verifies the signature I have
generated in the first case with another tool than xmlsec, how does it
determine the BaseURI to use ?

Should I always use an empty BaseURI to generate XMLDsig signatures
which would follow the XMLDsig specifications ?

Thanks

--

*Julien TAUPIN*
*Ingénieur d'études *