santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Cantor" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject RE: [Fwd: [VOTE] Put Apache Juice into dormant status]
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:12:15 GMT
> If we want to keep this going - we need to call it out now.

Just for the record, there was never all that much interest from the
original source of the code (Internet2) in maintaining it. We found it
unnecessary after Raul sped up the Java library several years back, and
combining Java with native code for this kind of thing is just unwieldy for
deployers.

My experience is that the speed up just isn't large enough, and if it's
worth the hassle to get native code to work, using hardware acceleration
directly is probably more useful.

-- Scott