santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Brent Putman <putm...@georgetown.edu>
Subject Signature and children - redundant namespace declarations
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 18:43:04 GMT
When I generate a signature using XMLSignature, the library is
redundantly adding the signature namespace declaration on every child
element of the ds:Signature element.  Is there any way that this
behavior can be avoided or turned off?  Am I doing something wrong?  I
looked in the docs, I couldn't find any relevant settings, but maybe I
missed something.

It would be ideal if it could be declared only once, on the ds:Signature
object itself.  I know it's mostly a cosmetic thing, but one of our
OpenSAML users noticed and inquired about it, so I wanted to see if
there is an easy solution.  If not, the only alternative I could think
of was to post-process the DOM and remove the redundant declarations
(before signing, of course).

Thanks,
Brent