santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <Sean.Mul...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Microsoft Office12 Postmark will not verify
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:24:04 GMT
Scott Cantor wrote:
>> I'll still open a bug to have more information come back froma failed
>> verify than true/false.  XML signatures are way too complex to only have
>> pass/fail.
>
> It's actually true both ways...you need more information even if it passes
> or you have no way to know what's been signed. I do not have a rational
> proposal to offer for that, however.

You can also do this with JSR 105 - you can optionally specify whether
you want to be able to get the referenced data before it is transformed
and digested. I believe there is also a way to do that in the Apache
XMLSec APIs (don't have time to check right now).

Or were you suggesting something else?

--Sean