santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Ackermann <ulrich.ackerm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Basic hash value question
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 13:43:48 GMT
Hello Raul,

I'm not quite sure if I understood your question right. There was no signing and transforming
involved outside the code I posted. I just took the Base64 encoded String and converted it
into a hex String to show, that it matched the result Dominik got from the CrypTool.

Maybe your question was meant for Dominik?

Cheers, Ulrich

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Gesendet: 07.12.06 20:09:13
An: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Basic hash value question

Hi Ulrich,
It seems to me that you need enveloped transformation. Can you post how you do signing?
Regards,

On 12/6/06, Ulrich Ackermann <
ulrich.ackermann@web.de> wrote:Hello Dominik,

If I take your Base64 encoded SHA-1 hash value and make a hex string out of it, I get exactly
what you stated as your CrypTool result.

It seems to me, that your conversion from Base64 to hex string is incorrect.

I used the following code:
String base64Encoded = "oZMIFC8bdyDbF4e42QF2ugr+30M=";
sun.misc.BASE64Decoder base64Decoder = new sun.misc.BASE64Decoder();
byte[] rawBytesFromBase64Encoded = base64Decoder.decodeBuffer(base64Encoded);
String hexFromBase64 = new String(
    org.bouncycastle.util.encoders.Hex.encode(rawBytesFromBase64Encoded));

System.out.println("hexFromBase64 = " + hexFromBase64);

And that gives the following output, which is what you expected:
hexFromBase64 = a19308142f1b7720db1787b8d90176ba0afedf43

Cheers,
Ulrich