santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <Sean.Mul...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: apache java xml sec library release 1.4RC3 jar has been uploaded.
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:52:36 GMT
Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is very good, but why Encryption (XMLCipher, etc.) is not included
> in JDK6?

Hmm, well the Apache XML Encryption classes are not a standard Java SE API.

Do you mean JSR 106 (the Java XML Digital Encryption APIs) [1] ? JSR 106
has not completed yet and was not part of JSR 270 [2] (the umbrella JSR
for JDK 6), thus it was not possible for it to be included in JDK 6.
Would you like to see it in JDK 7? Personally, I think it should be
included in JDK 7 (because it fits with JSR 105 which is included in JDK
6) but more input from the community would be valuable to help justify that.

If anyone else would like to see JSR 106 in JDK 7, please send me an
email with a few more details as to why it would be helpful, and your
company/organization name (if applicable).

Thanks,
Sean

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=106
[2] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=270