santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject .Net interop problem
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:32:57 GMT
I'm having problems using XML Security 1.3 (via WSS4J) in talking to
.Net 1.1 code. I get signature errors on the .Net side when the data I'm
sending (and signing) contains embedded CR characters, such as:
<data>a,b,c,d&#13;1,2,3,4&#13;5,6,7,8</data> If I take out the embedded

CRs everything works okay, which makes me suspect it's a
canonicalization issue.

Has anyone else run into this? From a quick glance at the XML Security
code it looks like the canonicalizer is doing the right thing in
converting these to "&#xD;" sequences, though I didn't see any tests
that verified proper handling. I saw some discussions on the list last
year that also involved CR, but no resolution.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA, Web Services, and XML