santuario-dev mailing list archives

From c...@lodh.com
Subject Re: VOTE: TLP Resolution
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:43:18 GMT
Here are my (non-binding) votes.

1) +1
2) Santuario
3) +1

Given that my current project will be heavily relying on XML-security
and WS-Security and also as a former cryptography enthusiast, I would
like to devote part of my time and energy contributing to XML-security
and WS-security projects.

For those who do not know me (Ceki Gülcü, ceki @ apache.org), I am the
founder of the log4j and Apache Logging Services projects. An ASF
member since 2001, I've also contributed to various other ASF projects
along the way.

Cheers,

1) +1
2) Santuario
3) +1

Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm going to make this happen by hook or by crook.
>
> I've floated the idea on board@ and got no objections, so lets make it
> formal.
>
> All committers need to cast a vote on the following.
>
> 1) Support for going to TLP as a broad Security project (+1 or -1)
> 2) The name of the project.  See list of proposed names below.
> 3) The chair.  At the moment the only volunteer is myself, so you can
> vote +1/-1 to that or you can propose other names :>.
>
> I've pasted the board proposal at the end of this email.
>
> I've included a list of current committers on JuiCE (is this OK?) and
> XML-Security in the PMC list.  To make sure the list is valid, I will be
> using this vote to confirm people are interested in being in the PMC.
>
> IF YOU DO NOT VOTE I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED ON BEING ON
> THE PMC!  (Sorry for shouting :>.)
>
> Proposed Names (feel free to add if you have strong feelings) :
>
> - Raksha
> - Security Software
> - Santuario
>
> Cheers,
> Berin

> interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
> Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
> Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
> open-source software related to security technologies,
> for distribution at no charge to the public.
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
> Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX>
> PMC", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
> Foundation; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache <XXX INSERT NAME XX> PMC be and hereby is
> responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
> related to creation and maintenance of open-source software
> related to XML security technologies based on software
> licensed to the Foundation; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache <XX INSERT
> NAME XX>" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
> office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as
> the chair of the Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC, and to have primary
> responsibility for management of the projects within the
> scope of responsibility of the Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC; and be it
> further
>
> RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
> hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
> Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC:
>
> Erwin van der Koogh <vdkoogh@apache.org>
> Axl Mattheus <amattheu@apache.org>
> Berin Lautenbach <blautenb@apache.org>
> Vishal Mahajan <vishal@apache.org>
> Davanum Srinivas <dims@apache.org>
> Raul Benito <raul@apache.org>
> Milan Tomic <milan@apache.org>
> Sean Mullan <mullan@apache.org>
> Karel Wouters <kwouters@apache.org>
> Noah Levitt <nlevitt@apache.org>
> Walter Hoehn <wassa@apache.org>
> Werner Dittman <werner@apache.org>

> [...]

This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard
Odier Darier Hentsch Group and any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank You.