santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Raul Benito" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CanonicalizerSpi
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:05:43 GMT
On 6/26/06, Michael McIntosh <mikemci@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Sean.Mullan@Sun.COM wrote on 06/26/2006 10:09:31 AM:
>
> > Can you be more specific about what the problem is?
>
> The problem is that there is no equivalent to _transformObject in the
> CanonicalizerSpi. An implementation of a Transform can include the
> following code in order to access any parameter values encapsulated in the
> Transform element:
>
> protected XMLSignatureInput enginePerformTransform
>         (XMLSignatureInput input)
> {
>         org.w3c.dom.Element elemTransform =
> this._transformObject.getElement();
> }
>
> there is no way to access the current CanonicalizationMethod element from
> within the implementation.

Ohh, that´s so 1.3ies. In 1.4 the API has change a little not too much. The
enginePerformTransform method accepts also a Tranform object argument.

> Also, the next release of Apache XML Security (1.4) will include JSR 105
>
> > (Java XML DSig API). The JSR 105 API allows you to implement your own
> > Canonicalization (or Transform) algorithms (with support for input
> > parameters) by subclassing the javax.xml.crypto.dsig.TransformService
> > class. An initial beta of XMLSec 1.4 is now available for testing:
> > http://xml.apache.org/security/dist/java-library/xmlsec-1.4.Beta0.jar
>
> How different is code written for 1.4 vs. 1.3? Are there easy to
> understand porting guidelines available?

The 1.4 is backward compatible from the client API point of view(if you
implement new Transform or KeyResolver the api has change slightly, you can
see the CVS Changelog).
But it also includes a whole new API: the JSR105. This standard API that
will be implemented by several vendors, while the old api was always
proprietary of apache xmlsec API and a little leaky one by the way.
So from now on we will maintain the two APIs. But I think the old one will
be deprecated and go to the JSR105.

Thanks,

--
http://r-bg.com