santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: XML-Security TLP -> Santuario
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:01:40 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> It sounds like a decent idea for a federation, but a terrible idea
> for a project.  Projects need to be responsible for a product or they
> just end up in the weeds.  A federation of projects can simply maintain
> a general mailing list and website.

It would be responsible for code - the current xml-security stuff that
sits within the XML project/federation.  And it would look to start new
things as well - with an absolute intent to move them to TLP when
necessary (i.e. when it became clear the Santuario PMC did not have
direct oversite).

I know we are trying not to create umbrella projects - I'm trying to
walk a middle ground to see if we can make something like this work with
a community that fosters this area.  It's a bit of a community
experiment as well as a technical one.

Cheers,
	Berin