santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Najeeb Andrabi" <nandr...@tibco.com>
Subject RE: Invalid PKCS #5 padding
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 17:29:34 GMT

 Thanks Raul! XML security library version is 1.2.1. Regarding JCE, we
are using the one shipped with JDK 1.5.x. The exception text is

org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException : Invalid
PKCS#5 padding

 I would also like to point out that if I take the same
encrypted XML document and pass it to the decryption processor no
exception is thrown. That makes me believe that the padding is correct.

Thanks,
Najeeb Andrabi

-----Original Message-----
From: raul.benito.garcia@gmail.com [mailto:raul.benito.garcia@gmail.com]
On Behalf Of Raul Benito
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:24 AM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Invalid PKCS #5 padding

1000 Encs/second good load!

I have not hear nothing similar. In order to help we need the xml-sec
version, the JCE you are using (I think you are using the SUN one, but
can be different), and the text of the exception.

Right now I think about to causes that can explain your symptoms:
  1.- A race condition in some object either in the JCE or in xml-sec.
  2.- A hardware problem caused by too much heat, either by a faulty
RAM(really likely) or by the CPU(more unlikely).

Regards,

Raul

--
http://r-bg.com