santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject VOTE: TLP Resolution
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 10:22:23 GMT
All,

I'm going to make this happen by hook or by crook.

I've floated the idea on board@ and got no objections, so lets make it
formal.

All committers need to cast a vote on the following.

1) Support for going to TLP as a broad Security project (+1 or -1)
2) The name of the project.  See list of proposed names below.
3) The chair.  At the moment the only volunteer is myself, so you can
vote +1/-1 to that or you can propose other names :>.

I've pasted the board proposal at the end of this email.

I've included a list of current committers on JuiCE (is this OK?) and
XML-Security in the PMC list.  To make sure the list is valid, I will be
using this vote to confirm people are interested in being in the PMC.

IF YOU DO NOT VOTE I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED ON BEING ON
THE PMC!  (Sorry for shouting :>.)

Proposed Names (feel free to add if you have strong feelings) :

- Raksha
- Security Software
- Santuario

Cheers,
	Berin

open-source software related to security technologies,
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX>
PMC", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache <XXX INSERT NAME XX> PMC be and hereby is
related to creation and maintenance of open-source software
related to XML security technologies based on software
licensed to the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache <XX INSERT
NAME XX>" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as
the chair of the Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC, and to have primary
responsibility for management of the projects within the
scope of responsibility of the Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC; and be it
further

Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC:

Erwin van der Koogh <vdkoogh@apache.org>
Axl Mattheus <amattheu@apache.org>
Berin Lautenbach <blautenb@apache.org>
Vishal Mahajan <vishal@apache.org>
Davanum Srinivas <dims@apache.org>
Raul Benito <raul@apache.org>
Milan Tomic <milan@apache.org>
Sean Mullan <mullan@apache.org>
Karel Wouters <kwouters@apache.org>
Noah Levitt <nlevitt@apache.org>
Walter Hoehn <wassa@apache.org>
Werner Dittman <werner@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that <XX INSERT CHAIR XX>
<??@apache.org> appointed to the office of Vice President,
Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX>, to serve in accordance with and subject
to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of
the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC be and
hereby is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache <XX INSERT NAME XX> PMC be and
hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the
Apache XML PMC XML Security subproject; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the XML XML
Security sub-project and encumbered upon the Apache XML PMC
are hereafter discharged.