santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Cláudio Engelsdorff Avila <claudio.av...@tracesistemas.com>
Subject Need lots of help - Validating Signed XML files
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:44:57 GMT
I'm developing an application that signs and validate xml files using the
apache xml security library.

To sign a file is easy, but the validation part is becoming a real problem
for me.

I've been able to validate te signature itself, and its expiration dates,
but i need more than just that. I need to validate the certification chain
and rcl files as well.
To be honest I could find some examples to validate the chain, but I don't
understand how the certification chain really works.

If you guys could give me some steps to follow would be very nice. My
deadline is coming and i still have some pieces to put together.

My goals are:
- Assure that the certicate used was an end user certificate and not from
a certification authority; (Didn't find nothing about this kind of
validation)
- Adopt rules defined by RFC 3280 for RCL and chain of trust
(certification chain); (Completely lost on this one)
- Verify if the revogation and chain lists are up to date; (Didn't get
that far on my research)
- Validate the key type used accept only keys type A; (I didn't find
anything about this types only when you pucharse your key you choose this
kind of things, at least here on brazil.)

Thanks in advance.