santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: configure.ac issues in xmlsec-c
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:46:20 GMT
Scott Cantor wrote:
> I've run into a number of configure issues in the past porting to various
> platforms, particular when not using gcc/g++.
>
> A couple of noteworthy ones on Solaris using Sun's compiler:
>
> You have gcc-specific flags here:
>
> if test "$enable_debug" = "yes" ; then
> 	CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -g"
> 	CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -g"
> else
> 	CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -O2 -DNDEBUG"
> 	CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -O2 -DNDEBUG"
> fi

Hmm.  Ran into something similar the other day with -Werror vs.
-errwarn.  Will use the same solution.

> -O2 isn't legal on Sun's compiler (it's -xO2) so I would suggest you add a
> conditional around this for at least that flag and not include it unless gcc
> is used.

I've now changed some things in configure.ac to set specific flag types
depending on compiler, so will update to include this as well.

> Also, for Sun CC, you can't properly link test cases that run with
> AC_LANG(C) if your LDFLAGS already includes C++ code, like Xerces or Xalan.
> This results in the openssl func checks failing because AC_LANG(C) appears
> ahead of those tests.
>
> I would suggest either moving the OpenSSL tests ahead of the C++ library
> checks, or removing AC_LANG(C), which works ok too.

This is a new one on me - I've been building using SunCC and haven't run
into this issue - or at least not that I've recognised.  Will go back
and have another look.

Cheers,
	Berin