santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Reuven Nisser <100274.3...@compuserve.com>
Subject Using XERCES with XPath support
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:04:05 GMT
Hello,

I have an application relying heavily on XML. I am currently using MS-XML4.

The application imports, builds, changes and exports XML documents and
uses XPATH to find notes. The main reason for switching to XERCES is
using Apache XML Security later.

I am trying to migrate the application, I started with XERCES and then
found out it has no XPATH support. I continued with XALAN but it does
not allow to change the XML and if I use a wrapper I will need to
rebuild it after each XML change.

Do, where do I go from here? Is it possible to use Apache XML Security
with other XML libraries? Especially with MS-XML 4?

Thanks,

Reuven Nisser