santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramanathan Palaniappan" <ramw...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem XML encryption and Decryption
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 02:02:10 GMT
Hi,

I have an application which sends an encrypted XML document (only a single
element is encrypted) to another process over SSL. I am able to encrypt,
decrypt and recover data as long as I am within the same application but
when I trasnmit the file over SSL, problems arise.

The other end decrypts the document and prints it properly.  But when I try
to recover the decrypted element's value using
"getElementsbyTagName.item(0).getFirstChild().getValue()"
the value returned is an empty string. But indeed, I could see the value
being printed out at the receiver end if I print the entire docment by
serializing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram