santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Pelton" <...@PKC.com>
Subject RE: Using XERCES with XPath support
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:47:18 GMT
Why not keep your current code, serialize your resulting document, and
hand the output to xml-security for signing? It means including two DOM
implementations in your project, but avoids modifying either your
existing code or xml-security.

Another option might be to use the Pathan XPath library
(http://software.decisionsoft.com/), though I'm not sure it's being
maintained.

________________________________

From: Reuven Nisser [mailto:100274.3421@compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:29 AM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using XERCES with XPath support

Hello,

The problem is that I am using the document for multiple finds and
multiple changes all the time. If I will need to re-wrap after each
change, the performance will be terrible.

Maybe the solution will be to stay with MS-XML4 and write a wrapper for
xml-security? What do you think?

Thanks, Reuven

Berin Lautenbach wrote:

	Yes - if you want XPath you need to use the Xalan library.

	The Xalan DOM cab be a wrapper around the Xerces DOM - which
means you
	can use XPath to find what you want in the DOM and then map the
Xalan
	node back to a Xerces node that allows you to then change the
DOM.  (At
	that point you need to re-wrap the Xalan DOM, but generally it's
passed
	its use by then anyway).

	There are some examples in the Xalan site, and there is some
code in the
	xml-security library that calls on Xalan for some of the
transformations
	that might provide some pointers as well.  Have a look at the
	txfmxpath.cpp file.

	Cheers,
		Berin

	Reuven Nisser wrote:

		Hello,

		I have an application relying heavily on XML. I am
currently using MS-XML4.

		The application imports, builds, changes and exports XML
documents and
		uses XPATH to find notes. The main reason for switching
to XERCES is
		using Apache XML Security later.

		I am trying to migrate the application, I started with
XERCES and then
		found out it has no XPATH support. I continued with
XALAN but it does
		not allow to change the XML and if I use a wrapper I
will need to
		rebuild it after each XML change.

		Do, where do I go from here? Is it possible to use
Apache XML Security
		with other XML libraries? Especially with MS-XML 4?

		Thanks,

		Reuven Nisser