santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Cantor" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject configure.ac issues in xmlsec-c
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:37:29 GMT
I've run into a number of configure issues in the past porting to various
platforms, particular when not using gcc/g++.

A couple of noteworthy ones on Solaris using Sun's compiler:

You have gcc-specific flags here:

if test "$enable_debug" = "yes" ; then
	CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -g"
	CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -g"
else
	CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -O2 -DNDEBUG"
	CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS} -O2 -DNDEBUG"
fi

-O2 isn't legal on Sun's compiler (it's -xO2) so I would suggest you add a
conditional around this for at least that flag and not include it unless gcc
is used.

Also, for Sun CC, you can't properly link test cases that run with
AC_LANG(C) if your LDFLAGS already includes C++ code, like Xerces or Xalan.
This results in the openssl func checks failing because AC_LANG(C) appears
ahead of those tests.

I would suggest either moving the OpenSSL tests ahead of the C++ library
checks, or removing AC_LANG(C), which works ok too.

-- Scott